Sunday, April 26, 2015

Can you?

Just a tangent...

This Sunday afternoon I attended q class to become a member of my church. I've called this place home for 4 years, and have put this off for such a time. As we talked about the church and the importance of the church, one of our pastors said; "Really my job is to equip, and it's your job to minister." 

I've attended a bible college for 5 years, and equip is a word that I have heard a lot, and honestly I didn't understand the depth of the definition. According to google the definition is "supply with the necessary items for a particular purpose." Going to bible college I obviously am wanting to do ministry. I've been a volunteer with a youth group for 4 years and recently have realized how important it is for me to equip them to reach their friends with the gosel. Honestly who can do that better than someone their own age, better than them? It's the same for ministers. Though we (or the majority) spent years going to bible college to do ministry, we are not the best reaching out to the "lost". We are best to equip others to do so. 

Ministry doesn't take a degree. It's takes an example that you can live out of your faith. It's taking a step of faith to speak words of God. Bible college is not for everybody, but ministry is. The best people I've seen on the ministry field are those who have lived a life of faith, and set the example of faith. 

Don't think you're not good enough, or that you can't because it's not your job. You can. You have the power. You have the ability. You have the God who is going to use you, if you realize that you can. You can, because He can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment