Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Tattoo #1


One of our high school students wrote me a letter the other day, and in it states "I love your tattoos. I love that they tell stories, and are great conversation starters of your faith."

Fearless was my first tattoo, and those of you who know me know that I have a love for Taylor Swift. There was some Swift inspiration behind getting this tattoo, but it's not the song, or the album. It's her definition of fearless.


"Fearless doesn't mean you're completely unafraid, and it doesn't mean that you're bullet proof. It means that you have a lot of fears, but you jump anyways." 

I have this written out in my bible right about Isaiah 41:10.
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and I will help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." 

Putting this permanently on my body was a decision that I didn't tread into lightly. I thought a lot about the words, and the placement. I have been called into ministry, and to do God's work. I have so many fears taking my first step out of college and into the real world that awaits me. This is why I chose to place it on my foot. With every step I take, I know that I am to take it fearlessly into the direction that God has for me. There is also a saying "put your right foot forward," and that is how I wanted to take my first steps two years ago when I decided to get this tattoo. 

There are a lot of things that we face in our daily lives, and there is a lot of evil in the world telling us so many lies. My faith lies in Jesus Christ, and I know that when He tells me to go that he will be there to catch me. 

This tattoo has started many conversations, and the best of them being with my family. They may not understand my faith fully, but they are interested. My brother for one, has reminded me so many times why its important for me to remain fearless and completely trust in God.

 I think fearless also can stand for boldness. Be BOLD for Christ, and move FEARLESSLY in the direction the He has called you. 

Peace out, 
-Me 


No comments:

Post a Comment