Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Tattoo #2


An owl sitting on an arrow. This isn't just a super sweet design that I came upon one day. This tattoo actually means quite a bit to me. It's the only one of my tattoos that is a complete original, something that I drew and put a whole year into it before I decided it was time. There is also quite the story behind this one.

Since I can remember, I have prayed for wisdom and guidance in my life. Even when I didn't know what prayer was, or who I was praying too these are things that I was searching for in my life. I had no one. I mean, there were people around who cared, but I felt alone, abandoned, like I didn't belong. I wasn't just an introvert or a home-body, I literally had no one that I could lean on. So I would seek out wisdom in guidance in my life. I wanted someone to save me, and to give me these things. That's when I ran into Jesus. (I mean there is a LOT more to that story...some other time)

There are a few psalms that I have connected with as  I still battle with where my wisdom and guidance should come from.
Psalm 20:4 
May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.
Psalm 73:23-26
Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. 
Psalm 119:133
Direct my footsteps according to your word let no sin rule over me. 

This tattoo was supposed to be my first, but I struggled with it's perfection. If you notice there is one spot that is colored outside the lines, and between you and me, that's my favorite part of the whole thing. 

"Once I was lost, but now I'm found." 

-Holly 

No comments:

Post a Comment