Monday, May 11, 2015

Pray Day Monday...Take 3

It's the final count down!

Thankful for:
So this week my positivity game is having to go strong. I have 5 days until I leave Manhattan and head for Fort Thompson. I'm really excited for what my two months there are going to bring, but Satan still has me thinking that I'm still going to lose things here. Whether that be status, relationships, jobs whatever. Satan is up to some mean tricks. Not only in my life though, but also in lives around me. Satan is picking on friends with their own insecurities, but I think Satan's an idiot because God has let us team up and share those insecurities with each other to help build each other up. It's great how God has brought me two awesome women into my life for such a time as this, and it's great bond has me sure in the fact that our relationships will not dwindle.

Over the weekend I graduated from Manhattan Christian College with 2 degrees. Bible and Leadership, and Christian Education with an Emphasis in Youth Ministry and Counseling. This is an overwhelming blessing that God has giving me, because I never thought I would make it. He's raised me from nothing and into something to strengthen His Kingdom. God's game is strong!

Last week my prayer request was prayer for financial support as I head to South Dakota. God did some pretty great things, and gave me some pretty huge support. I'm thankful for what he has given me, but please continue prayer because I'm still not there. God is good!

I'm thankful for my family. As they all gathered Saturday to help me celebrate graduation, I was stressed and quite ready for them to leave. But after they left I missed them. They did so much to make this weekend special. Mom cooked 140 burritos, Dad saved the day with ice and soda, Michael and Laura were helping in anyway they could to keep my stress down, and Morgan was trying so hard to help also. I appreciate them all. But most of all I was thankful that God let Tre be a part of that day. That he was able to come and celebrate with me.

Prayers for others:
The high school girls that want this summer to be a great one. That they'll find new adventures, and they'll have a million stories to share with me. I can't wait to see how God uses them right here in Manhattan, and on the trips they are taking.

For two friends who are kind of struggling the same emotional battle and insecurities. These ladies are absolutely stunning in personality, and I think they're like the raddest girls around. Satan's game is strong, but they are beautiful women of God, and eventually when the time is right He will win.

My friend DJ who is just striving for Jesus. She is a huge light on others, but she asked to be lifted up and that God would draw her near. Also praise God, because she now has three awesome incredible job opportunities this summer.

For my youngest brother. He is at a group home and doing great, but the medicine that they put him on is jacking up his diet to where he can't eat. Over the weekend he had a bowl of fruit, and as bad as he was feeling he couldn't eat. It was awful to watch and not be able to help. Also please be praying that God will strengthen him to be an overcomer. Tre is a great young man, but his guidance is mislead. He has a huge heart and I want so badly to see him use that for the Kingdom.

Prayers for me:
I have two finals this week, that I'm not super stressed about. But I need motivation to get the crap done.

I also still have packing to do, and see ya laters to say. So many people I want to spend time with and I know that they're all not going to happen, but that I can get in the important ones.

For safe travels as  I leave Saturday morning.

Finances, and that I'll continue trusting God with them.

I appreciate everyone who reads this and joins in for prayer with me on Mondays. Please if there is anything that I can be praying for you about, at the top left of this page you can email me any request. If you want other prayer support I can share them on the blog, if not I won't, just write it down :)

Love Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment