Thursday, June 30, 2016

Just because I'm not there doesn't mean I don't care.

Over the past year there have been a lot of changes in my life, and I just want you to know that just because I'm not there anymore, doesn't mean I don't care.

I had to do what was best for me. For some that's hard to understand. I had to leave parts of my life that I loved, because I loved them more than I should have. I was over invested, and not giving life the attention it needed. I was running myself thin and losing myself in all the rambles. I was no longer who I wanted to be, but that doesn't mean I no longer care.

I made my decisions fast, like ripping of a bandaid. I can promise you it hurt me more than it did you. You were important to me, and I still care.

But I can't be there, and I can't go back. I can't put myself back in that vulnerable place. I've healed, and I'm happy.

My life has never had more meaning then it does now. My life has never seen this kind of happy. Yes I miss you and I miss being there, but I'm happy. I can see that you're happy too. Which is helpful to me because I know I didn't just abandon you.

You're stronger now, you've built yourself up to become the strong individual you are. I'm happy for you. I'm happy to see you moving mountains and taking leaps of faith you wouldn't of a year ago. You're strong, and I didn't make you strong. You did. You did it all on your own.

I told you I could no longer be there, but that doesn't mean I still don't care. 💛

No comments:

Post a Comment